CHEMICAL PEEL SEASON IS FINALLY HERE!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year - chemical peel season, that is!
Don’t let the words chemical peel intimidate you. Just because you get a peel, doesn’t mean you’ll automatically end up looking like a zombie with your face melting off. Peels are actually way more gentle than they sound. Let’s learn more!
How do chemical peels work?
Your body constantly produces new skin cells and gets rid of old ones. As you age, it gets harder for the body to get rid of older skin cells. This can lead to a buildup of dead skin on your face. The buildup is what can cause skin to appear dull over time. Chemical peels work to remove this outermost layer of dead skin.
What are the benefits of chemical peels?
- Aid in shedding dead skin cells leaving skin radiant and glowy
- Promote an even complexion
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Help lighten pigmentation
- Reduce acne causing bacteria
- Reduce scarring
Why now is the right time
Peel season spans the colder months from the start of fall to January. This is the best time to get a peel because the after-care of a chemical peel is similar to a light sunburn. This simply means you’ll want to limit UV exposure afterward. Another reason this time of year is called “peel season” is because some peels work best in a series, and fall is the best time to begin!
What does a peel series look like?
Getting one peel will certainly improve your skin. Looking for more dramatic results? Then you’ve got to complete a peel series! A chemical peel series will range from 3-6 peels, depending on your skin concerns.
Peels Based on Skin Concern:
- Acne: I recommend 6 peels every 2 weeks.
- Brown spots: I recommend 3-6 peels spaced 3 weeks apart.
- Aging skin and maintenance: I recommend 3-6 peels spaced 4 weeks apart.
Different Levels of Peels:
You’ll want to avoid direct sunlight after every chemical peel, no exceptions! Be sure to use sunscreen and a gentle skin care regimen at home. (We’ll recommend a regimen for you!)
- Level 1: No downtime; normal activities can be resumed immediately; smoother, brighter skin results
- 3-6 peels recommended
- Level 2 - A range of 3-7 days of visible flaking
- 3-6 peels recommended
- Level 3 - A range of 3-7 days of heavy peeling, possibly in sheets
- 1-2 peels recommended
Who should consider?
Just about anyone is a good candidate for chemical peels--including teens! There are a variety of peel solutions that cover all skin concerns, even sensitive skin and rosacea.
Book a consultation with LaHaye Skin Care today to figure out which peel is best for you!